At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS scale, we invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most security conscious customers. Our team works closely with governments, regulated industries and their regulatory agencies to help them assure the security of the cloud. Our industry specialists ensure that AWS can meet and exceed customers' regulatory expectations.
As a senior manager, you will be responsible for defining and developing a program for security assurance for customers and countries across the Asia-Pacific region, hiring and managing the team that will work in specific sectors and countries. You will enjoy working across stakeholders, including customers, to design solutions for complex security, compliance and regulatory challenges. You will working across teams in AWS, helping to build tools needed to demonstrate assurance for regulated customers, solving real business problems.
You will be a leader who can prioritize well, communicate early and clearly, and will be able to demonstrate track record of delivering both personally and through your team. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to help independent industry specialists drive simple, scalable solutions to meet customer and regulator expectations. You will be able to show how you have used data to escalate and drive necessary change.
You will be responsible for the following activities:
· Diving deep into customer and regulatory expectations across all Asia-Pacific industries and countries.
· Develop an understanding of regulated industry compliance requirements and communicate how AWS control activities meet regulatory obligations.
· Set strategic direction for security and regulatory oversight activities across all Asia-Pacific sectors.
· Build a strong, local, empowered teams and the senior leadership the program will need to be successful for customers.
· Liaise with customers, regulators and auditors, articulate control implementation, and describe considerations for applying security and compliance concepts to a technical cloud environment.
· Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the organization by being a trusted adviser, facilitator and creative problem solver who leads the implementation of continuous improvements to the security organization and the program management process.
· Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
· Apply a working knowledge of global information security regulations and policies to articulate customer and regulatory impact and drive alignment.
· 10+ years of professional experience in security implementation and regulatory engagement within government or a regulated industry or a provider of services to to those industries.
· 5+ years managing a team of technical, regulatory and other specialists, with remote management experience.
· Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields or equivalent experience.
· Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
· Ability to investigate and analyze technical and regulatory issues with applicability to AWS services.
· Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
· Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments.
· Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations.
· Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Travel will be required 20%-40%.
We have a team culture that encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. We expect team members and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for their program, vision and execution, while balancing their unique perspective with the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.