Amazon’s ability to protect the safety and security of traveling employees is central to its continued growth and success. As a member of Amazon Corporate Security’s (ACS) - Travel Risk Management Team (TRM) it will be your job to ensure the TRM program addresses the company’s evolving travel risk exposure in the Asia - Pacific (APAC) region. As TRM Manager – APAC you will directly assist travelers, build regional strategy and implement program wide travel risk mitigation solutions.
The ideal candidate will have extensive APAC region travel risk management expertise, a strong security background and be flexible to change, driving improvement and innovation at scale. This position reports to the head of Travel Risk Management.
· Assessing traveler exposure to health, safety and security risks before a trip and in the aftermath of large scale, disruptive incidents
· Developing operational guidelines based on the principles of risk management and industry best-practices aimed at fulfilling company Duty of Care responsibilities over travelers
· Establishing relationships with travel assistance providers and vendors, maintaining strong financial controllership and scoping contractual service level agreements
· Anticipating the needs of stakeholders across the company including AWS and Amazon Ops teams that engage in frequent travel
· Developing long term goals, metrics and key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement aimed at keeping travelers safe
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in international relations, political science or travel risk management related field
· At least 5+ years experience implementing and managing travel risk management solutions in APAC
· Ability to travel internationally
· 5+ years experience implementing and managing travel risk management programs encompassing APAC
· ASIS International Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification or similar certification in Security Management
· Experience in managing the response to events with significant traveler disruption including international medical or security evacuations
· Advanced degree in security or travel risk management related field
· Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a leadership role
· Track record of having earned the trust of leadership by enhancing team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency
· Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and technology challenges in order to identify risks and opportunities
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple complex projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.