Would you like to engage with senior business and technical leaders of companies to help them achieve mission value by migrating to AWS? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists? Do you understand the challenges of cloud migration projects? Do you have experience of defining and delivering technical strategy across technology landscapes at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Senior Migration Architects to work with our account teams and customers, helping them to accelerate their cloud migration journeys. Senior Migration Architects have deep domain knowledge and understanding of customer business drivers, their current architecture, designing reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundations and ultimately supporting customers with IT Transformation. Senior Migration Architects also work in a community focused on developing and communicating best practice for migrating to the cloud across multiple platforms, as well as the people and process considerations involved in every cloud migration journey.
The Senior Migration Architects work with Account Managers for high-value organisations in a geography, and enable them to effectively drive migration assessment, readiness and strategy across cross functional resources, including working with high value customers directly along-side the account teams. The Senior Migration Architect also closely collaborates with the Business Development, Professional Services and Partner teams to ensure successful management of customer migration to cloud.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Engaging with business and IT leaders to define and execute on cloud migration strategies.
· Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Professional Services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
· Assessing migration feasibility, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components.
· Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at a customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
· Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures and assisting customers devise best practices.
· Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform.
This is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to drive transformational change in large Enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud.
· 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles.
· 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
· Breadth of experience across the Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Application architecture, Integration architecture; Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; DevSecOps; Software design and development.
· Breadth of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS platform), technologies and architectural best practices.
· Working at senior levels in at least one of public sector, health or education customers.
· Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform in conjunction with business requirements.
· Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO’s, IT Directors) within a customer or partner organization.
· Strong relationship capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
· Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
· A Bachelor’s degree
· Experience in datacenter or cloud migration projects.
· Experience in architecting complex use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-vendor environment technologies.
· Experience with cross platform migrations
· Hands on experience with networking and database replication technologies
· Have an understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
· Experience in designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
· A proven track record of delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
· Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.